WHAT IS INVOLVED?
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) is the core of PADI Instructor training. The first portion is the PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course followed by the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program.
The challenging part of the IDC is your personal commitment to the training. The IDC requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily.
Organization and dedication are key. During the IDC, you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting:
- Confined water teaching presentations
- Knowledge development presentations
- Open water teaching presentations
- Performing all dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation Slate.
During the IDC you will make a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 meters using a mask, snorkel and fins as well as demonstrate competency in dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam, scoring 75% on each part. You will also attend and participate cirriculum presentations and workshops.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY CERTIFICATION?
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from PADI Discover Scuba Diving up to PADI Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire Speciality Instructor ratings in your areas of interest.
To participate in the IDC:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving
To take the Instructor Exam (IE):
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. (The PADI Emergency First Response course meets this requirement.)
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- You may take the IE prior to having at least 100 logged dives, but you will not gain teaching status until you present your logbook to PADI showing at least 100 dives.
Tuition, land transport to dive sites, tanks, weights and wifi in the classroom.
Manuals, logbook, materials, PADI fees for certification, examination equipment PADI IDC Crew Pack
|Silver €899||Gold €1499||Platinum €2269|
|2 day IDC Prep Course||✖️||✔️||✔️|
|EFR IT Course||✖️||✔️||✔️|
|MSDT Speciality Training||✖️||✔️||✔️|
|IDC Crew PAK||✖️||✖️||✔️|
Prices do not include VAT where applicable